Saturday, July 7, 2012

Planning for school...

I've been doing a lot of planning and creating the past few weeks. I've made a class website and gave my class blog a facelift and a new purpose. I'm really excited by it. I think it looks pretty good, too.


I've also been thinking about how I want to start out the school year to help alleviate some of the issues I had this past year (i.e. students who don't know how to solve their own silly drama problems), introduce the different subject areas, incorporate art history/criticism/creation into the school year, French Club plans, finding cool ways to have current events be a part in my classroom, teaching about the election process, etc etc etc.




I've been looking into Whole Brain Teaching more in depth (since I have more time this summer to plan than last summer).  I've been trying to think of ways to mesh it with also having my students come up with rules...I haven't come up with a great way to do that yet, but I'm sure that I'll come up with something as I'm drifting off to sleep.




I really love teaching.  I feel like that's one of the few things that I can really feel competent about. I like a bunch of small things, but I feel like I can teach kids and interact with kids (especially awesome 5th graders) really well.  At least Cody can keep me informed on the rest of the world or else I would be stuck in the 5th grade curriculum all the time. Though, if I had to be stuck in any one grade, I think I would always pick 5th grade.  It's way too fun.


Oh yeah, I started rereading Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone...I was waiting for Cody to finish The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson and needed to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...