Friday, January 17, 2014

The end


Today is the end of The West Wing.  Since we started it this past summer when we were living in Washington DC it has been a wonderful reminder of that place we live; of getting involved and staying abreast on what is happening in local, state, and national politics; and it has been the topic of many conversations.

And now we're on the last episode of the last season ever.

I never thought this day would come.  Yet now that it's here, it makes me a little happier, because now I can watch it whenever I want and not have to wait for Cody to come home.


In other news: I get to sleep in on Monday. After discussing Martin Luther King Jr and his impact on the world, my students had a writing assignment to describe what their dream is. This is one of my favorites:  "I have a dream that one day my brothers will leave me alone! I cannot get in trouble. I can go everywhere! I will go to the pool, Disneyland, and space! I love space!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...