Monday, July 25, 2011

The first bone

On Wednesday I was at school moving things around and putting things away in my classroom. As I was attempting to move a table from the spare room to my classroom, the table slipped and fell onto my big toe on my right foot.  After I moved my foot from underneath the table, I sat down on the ground and kept saying, "You'll be alright, you'll be alright, you'll be alright." After the pounding in my foot subsided after a minute or so, I got back up, grabbed the table and hauled it over to my classroom. I noticed my toe was bleeding a little bit so I rinsed it off in the sink and put a band-aid on it from the handy-dandy first-aid kit in my classroom.

(my swollen right toe compared to my normal left toe)

Eventually I told the other teachers that were there and asked them what I should do--I took some Excedrin and iced my foot, but they said I couldn't really do anything for toes, so I decided I couldn't really do anything and kept working.

After driving home, I ate dinner and iced my foot again.  My roommate, boyfriend, and Dad all told me I should get it looked at by a doctor; accordingly, Cody and I drove to the InstaCare at the hospital. Turned out I had broken my toe, but only the bone on the end of my toe so I wouldn't need a cast. I would just wear a shoe for 2-3 weeks, take an antibiotic for a week, ice it, elevate my foot, and try to stay off of my foot as much as possible. 

And that's my story of the first bone I've ever broken. 

2 comments:

  1. LOL... why does it seem wrong that with all that's happened in the past week, you choose to post about your toe, instead of your ENGAGEMENT. lol.. I mean, don't get me wrong...the toe is interesting.. I stared at the pics for quite a while, LOL... but I'd have thought that your engagement would have been the highlight of blog material for the week :)
    CONGRATULATIONS...
    Carla (Geddes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be getting around to writing about my engagement, probably later today or tomorrow or something. But my Mom wanted pictures of my toe and I told her I'd put it on my blog. So I did. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...