Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Felt like an update...

Cody and I found out last week that he had been selected by OFAC for his summer internship.  He accepted the internship yesterday after prayer and discussion with his program leader.  Now he knows where he'll be working!

I've been chugging away at school. This time of year I feel like I have less patience and have been trying to be aware of that as I interact with others at work, especially my students.  They are getting ready for a fifth grade only writing test at the end of the month and I've been trying to maintain my patience with the students who can write well but don't like the topic so they don't write anything during our practice times.

January was an eventful month with my last two great-grandmas passing away within two weeks of each other.  I got to see my parents twice and spend a bunch of time with them and my sister and her family.  And oddly enough, today is the four year anniversary of the funeral of my Great Grandma Yates.

I've begun reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. It was a treat to see my students eyes when they saw I was reading a book---for fun!--that was over 1200 pages. They thought I was crazy.

I realized this morning as I stood outside my classroom door greeting everyone that I am grateful to not teach sixth grade because there were two couples holding hands walking down the hallway.  Oh young love! How it never works out and they don't even know.  I'm glad I don't have to deal with that kind of drama in my class.

My work on my crochet blanket is coming along nicely (thought I should update on that since that was my last post).  Cody and I have begun exercising using some free apps I got on my iPad and it's been good but hard--especially to do abs straight for ten minutes. We've only done that twice.  Well, I'll be watching the State of the Union address and trying to be an informed and good citizen, especially since I missed the Inauguration on the 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...