Sunday, September 15, 2013

The bearded man

The day of Cody's graduation from BYU was the day he stopped shaving for about a month.  So here is him on August 16:


At first I didn't think that I would like his beard. I've never really found them to be particularly attractive on men. I always thought they would be scratchy and annoying.  However, after the first few days, I found that I actually liked my husband with his beard. I thought he looked handsome in a different way than he's handsome when he's clean-shaven.

We joked and were serious about how he would shave his beard when he had his first interview.  Well, his first interview was a phone interview so he technically didn't need to shave.  But he had his first "I'm really serious about this and this is a job that I know I'm interested in" in-person interview last Friday. So, Thursday night, he decided that it was time to shave. Why? Not necessarily because it was his first interview, but because we had decided he'd shave his beard off after a month and it would be weird to go to the interview with a beard, then if they decided to do a follow-up interview or hire him and then he was clean-shaven, that might look or seem weird.

So here are the before and after pictures of him shaving on Thursday night.




What have I learned? I've learned that if my husband wants to grow a beard again in the future, that I'll be fine about it, I'll probably like it again, and it really isn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...