Saturday, October 25, 2014

Registered! (and our diapering plan)

Holy cow! Only 15 weeks till the due date! That's basically a semester, folks.  I guess it's time to let people know what we would like for our new baby, in case anyone wants to buy anything.  We're registered with Babies R Us and Amazon.

You can search using either my name or Cody's

You can search using either my name or Cody's


Also, we couldn't register with gDiapers but this is our plan for diapering:

From birth weight till about 13 pounds we're planning on using disposable diapers.  We both have used and feel comfortable with disposable diapers so why not make having a new baby a little easier by not trying out cloth diapers from the beginning?  Let's just get through sleep deprivation first.

Then around 13-15 pounds, we would really like to try out cloth diapers.  One of my friends used gDiapers and I really like them.  We would get the disposable inserts because we don't have the laundry facilities now to get an all-in-one diaper (like Bumgenius). So in essence, these cloth diapers will be pretty similar to the disposable, only we would just be paying for inserts once we've bought the pants (plus, the inserts can be flushed or thrown away).

This is the bundle that we would like to use for when he is 13-28 pounds.  We've even put in the two colors that we would like for the diapers (blue and yellow).  We know it's a hefty amount just for diapers, and if no one wants to do this then you could purchase a gift certificate for us and we could pay for the difference.

Then once he has grown out of the medium sized gDiapers (at 28 pounds), we'll decide: go back to disposable, or try out the Bumgenius all-in-ones (because we're hoping to be moving to a place where we can have our own washer and dryer at that point...we'll see if that's really going to be a reality).  So that's our diapering plan.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Beth, I don't know if you've ever used Bumbgenius but just wanted to let you know that from personal experience cloth diapering they are a lot of hype, but so not worth the cost. I have Bumbgenius, Kawaii, Sunbaby, Go Green, and rumparoos. The the bumbgenius are making me want to scream with all of their leaks! I'm not impressed. Kawaii has the diaper that is my favorite so far. Just wanted to pass it on. I was so excited when I got my bumbgenius for a good deal and wished I had got more Kawaii, not the bumgenius. Just try a few brands before you sink lot into one brand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely look into some of the others, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Preparing and shopping for your first baby is sooo fun.
    I tried cloth diapers with Kate and it didn't work out... She leaked through every single diaper and her clothes every time she peed. Ugh. I'm not sure what the trick is but we didn't figure it out. I was just up to my eyeballs in laundry. Lol
    If for some reason you decide it's not for you either, there is a website called diaper swappers where you can actually sell or swap your cloth diapers with other moms. It's a good option if you want to swap to try a different brand or just sell yours to get some of your money back. That's what I did after deciding we would just stick with disposables. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...