Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Friday Night Date

On Friday night, Cody and I went on a date to the National Portrait Gallery, and then afterword we had pizza at a new restaurant, Ella's, and concluded by watching True Grit back at our apartment.

This was the first art museum that I've been to with Cody since we've been in DC, all the rest I've visited on my own. It was really nice having a companion as we wandered through the museum.  We didn't take any pictures of the Civil War area or of the portraits of the presidents (though some of my personal favorites were President Clinton's, the one of President Kennedy done by de Kooning, and the unfinished portrait of George Washington by Gilbert Stuart), but we did take some pictures on the top floor of some of the 20th century pieces.
License plates from every state writing out the Preamble to the Constitution

A huge driftwood horse and me
Cody and one of our favorite pieces--a neon light outline of the US with TVs showing images related to each state (i.e. Kansas has Wizard of Oz playing, Utah has images of driving through the national parks, etc.)
Don't remember what this is called, but I really liked it

My Quattro Fromagi pizza
Cody's four meat calzone

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I really like that modern art! It makes me want to make a trip to D.C. when we live out in the east.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...