Thursday, August 8, 2013

It's almost over...

I can't believe I've already been here for over two months and that Cody has been here for over three months. The summer went by way too fast!  Today is filled with getting things ready so we can leave on Sunday:

  • Cody carried a huge package to FedEx so we would have less to take with us on the plane (and how else do you send a 72 hour kit back to Utah?)
  • Cleaning because there are cleaning checks tomorrow (stove, oven, fridge, vacuuming, cupboards, desk, bathroom)
  • Packing...(mostly just clothes left now)
  • Cody's last day at his internship
  • Cody will submit his last paper for his class
  • We're going to get together with another one of Cody's best friends and his wife tonight before we leave
  • I finished the coding that I've been working with Kathie all summer so now we can analyze it
  • Sending flight plans to our parents and Cody's brother so that he will hopefully be at the Salt Lake airport to pick us up when we land :)
  • Trying to talk myself out of getting a stomachache because my subconscious is getting anxious about change
  • Trying to talk to my subconscious so that I can sleep better at night instead of tossing and turning


Weird weird weird. Isn't it strange how attached you can get to a place even if you're only there for a couple months? I'm referring to DC in general, not just our apartment. I mean our apartment is fine, but it's more leaving DC that is strange. It was strange to come and now it's strange to leave. I really hope we do get to live out here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...