Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Successes

Open House last week: took a nap
Thursday, first full day of school: took a nap
Friday, last day for the week: no nap, but I went on a run
Saturday: visited my grandparents
Sunday: visited my grandparents, sister & her family arrived, parents & brothers arrived
Monday: took family pictures and drove back down to Provo, went for a run
Tuesday: back to school, went for a run and no nap
Wednesday: shortened day (got out at 2:30 instead of 3:15), no nap (yet...), but no run today (I need to give my knees a break)

I think it's a great success that I can still squeeze in time to take a nap.  I also think it's a great success that even when I am tired from teaching all day that I can still go out in the grossly hot 5-7pm time period and go for a run.  My parents and brothers are in town for a few more days, helping my new BYU freshman brother get settled in, so I'm expecting to spend time with them.

I'm also hoping that my brain doesn't feel as much like mush at the end of every school days as it has for this past week.  I feel like my vocabulary and sentence structure is being depleted every day. Isn't it supposed to get better when you go back to school?  I mean, I can figure out how to say things when I'm at school (for the most part...I still mix up words like "five highs" instead of "high fives", and I've been having problems with saying my vowels correctly when they're by ls or ms...weird), but as soon as I get home, I just lose all ability to speak like an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...