Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Allergies or Sick?

Yesterday after walking around town with sporadic rain, I came back to the Barlow Center, plopped down on the couch and began reading my book.  Shortly thereafter I began sneezing and having a runny nose.  This continued for the next five hours until I decided I was done with it! I took my sorry-sneezy-runny-nose-self and walked down to CVS (wishing the whole time that I had a car even though it was a 7-10 minute walk away), bought some Benadryl and popped two of those pills into my mouth right there in the store.

(Side note: I think the last time I took Benadryl was in high school, probably about 8 years ago. I knew it would make me tired but I hadn't predicted the effects it would have on me, personally.)

I didn't start to feel the drowsy effects until the last 20 minutes of Institute. Then it took all I had to keep my head up off the table. As soon as the closing prayer was said, I handed my stuff to Cody, stumbled upstairs, tore of my clothes, and thought how glad I was that I'd planned ahead enough that I'd brushed my teeth before Institute so that I could then just crawl into bed.  I have a vague recollection of when Cody came back into the apartment, but I remember thinking, "I can't move my body if I tried."

Grand total of how much I slept last night? Probably about 12 1/2 hours.

However, even with that half day's worth of sleep, I am still coughing and I have a stuffy nose now, not a runny one. Perhaps I'm still getting the Benadryl out of my system, but now I don't know if I'm sick or if it was just allergies...

**I wrote a guest post for my friend Kensie on her blog gracefullykensie.blogspot.com. She posted it today and you should check it out.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...