Monday, June 10, 2013

Braving the rain

After it rained all day Thursday, Friday, and half of Saturday, I decided that I would go out today even if it was raining.  And it did rain.  I ran in a sprinkle rain first thing this morning.  Oddly enough, it didn't rain a lot while I was doing laundry and cleaning (nice inside jobs).  However, as I gathered my belongings to go on my walk down to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, it was pouring.
The Hall of States, there is a practically identical parallel hall called the Hall of Nations with flags from the countries with whom the US has diplomatic relations. 
Tried to capture a picture of the pouring rain outside the Kennedy Center
My tour guide, Mike, was really nice as he led the group of one (me!) around the three main halls in the Kennedy Center.  He pointed out the nice art pieces and fun facts about each hall. However, because I had a semi-wet purse, semi-wet umbrella, and sopping wet shoes, I didn't think I wanted to risk pulling out my camera to take pictures on my tour. I did manage to take one picture as I reorganized my purse before leaving.  The weather now, five minutes after returning?

View from our window of the beautiful blue, sunny sky now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...