Monday, May 23, 2011

Soundtrack of thunderstorms

It's been raining for the past week every day except for Saturday and Sunday morning.  Other than that, it's been raining.  I haven't minded too much except when I was walking home from an interview last Thursday because I'd been on the bus for four hours and I was super tired.

However, today I went up to campus to work on an article on peer mentor development to report the findings of the research I've been working on for the past two and almost-a-half years.  When I left from my apartment it was warm and overcast. It had already rained for the day so I didn't think that it would continue to rain until later tonight...much later. Silly me.

As I left the office around 5:30 with my bowl of carrot cake, it was definitely raining.  Knowing that I didn't need to show up anywhere all pretty-fied, I decided that I would enjoy my stroll in the rain and headed out.  I walked to the grocery store, picked up some lettuce and milk, wrapped my purse in a plastic bag (mostly to protect my library book that poked out), and walked home to the soundtrack of rain pitter-pattering on the road and thunder rumbling in the sky.

After walking for a little less than a mile, I arrived at my apartment completely soaked, and completely happy. I love the rain and I love thunderstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...