Thursday, May 26, 2011

4th notification

I've been blessed to have had four interviews for teaching jobs in the fall. Unfortunately, I've also had four emails telling me that those positions are now filled.
It's a little disheartening but I've learned not to really get my heart set on any job until I get the call that they want to hire me. I know it will come eventually.

In the meantime, I keep searching every single day on the three websites that are going to soon take over gmail as my most frequented websites: Teachers-Teachers, Alpine Jobs, and Nebo Jobs.  I recently get myself set up on the Nebo district website and have applied to the one position that was listed at the time.  Thankfully, my list of schools that I've applied to hasn't gotten smaller than 6 at any one point, but it will be a very happy day when I can officially archive that email I keep sending to myself of where I've applied and which positions are now filled.

In other news, I emailed two professors that I've worked with a lot the past few years at BYU--Tim Morrison and Brad Wilcox.  Brad emailed me back and informed me that he and Tim will be meeting Tuesday morning at 8 and would I like to join them so I can be up to speed on everything that is going on. It will feel good to be involved again.  Even though it will be strictly voluntary (unless I apply for a grant like I almost did last year), it will be great for grad school admissions...but grad school will only be a possibility if I get a job...which I will, at the right time and for the right school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...