Thursday, April 4, 2013

Breakdown and salmon

I delayed getting out of bed by about an hour this morning because I didn't want to figure out what I was going to eat for breakfast.  I ended up making a blackberry smoothie, nothing exciting.  For lunch I revamped my dinner leftovers from last night by making a green curry for it and cooking some brown rice to go with my vegetables.  It was alright but not what I was wanting--cheese.  I had some peaches, too.

After going to the temple with Cody, we stopped by Costco to pick up some quinoa and salmon for me (because on the wholelifenutrition.net website in their question and answer page, it stated that an athlete can introduce salmon into their diet during phase one, and while I'm not an "athlete" anymore, I need more protein and iron than from a vitamin and spinach, especially since I can't have beans), and croissants for him.    Once we got home I got down on myself about how hard this diet is.  I like my normal diet--eat what I like, but not too much.  This diet is very restrictive right now and that's hard for me.  However, Cody got me through and we found some positives in this situation.

Then, for dinner, I had a delicious spinach and romaine salad with cucumbers, avocado, and freshly baked salmon.  It was the first time I left the table feeling full this week. For dessert, I baked some apples with cinnamon on them.  Now I get to enjoy my book, Ender's Game, on a fully satisfied stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...