Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 2: Green Smoothies & I gave in...

After one whole day of just liquids comprised mostly of blended up spinach I went to bed last night really missing solid foods.  However, I do have one day left of this fun, so here's what I've concocted today.

BREAKFAST
one mango
three slices of peaches
handful of spinach
six ice cubes
1/4 cup water
Taste: not bad, MUCH better than my dinner one last night. That one started out good and then I was cringing as I finished it.
Texture: medium thickness and foamy
Recommendations: none

LUNCH
1 cup carrots
handful of spinach
1 cup water
minced onion
pepper and salt
Taste: carrot soup with spinach...I like plain carrot soup better
Texture: thick
Recommendations: make sure all the carrots are blended and don't add garlic powder again

At 3:40 I decided I would take a nap because I was kind of tired (even though I got 9 hours of sleep last night). I woke up at 5. Guess I was more tired than I thought.  Since I was feeling worse after my nap than I had before my nap, I made the decision to start eating solid foods again tonight.  Since doing that, I've had more energy than I've had all day.  I've actually worked on things for school and did the dishes.  My almost-headache went away (oh, yeah, I had a little headache just before my nap).  I'm feeling good, especially since I realized I can make sweet potato fries!

DINNER
1 cup cooked quinoa flakes
little bit of honey
five thawed slices of frozen peaches
handful of purple grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...