Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 1: Green Smoothies

Following the recommendation of my chiropractor, I've started an anti-inflammatory diet that lasts about 28 days.  While there are a lot of health benefits of doing this diet, I'm doing it to see if any of the foods I've been eating for years are some triggers to my frequent headaches.  It starts as an elimination diet and then adds foods back in to see if their is any kind of inflammatory reaction.

It started today. I can only consume green smoothies today and tomorrow in an effort to detox the body, to "calm the immune system and clear the gut" as it says on my information sheet. I've been drinking water like crazy in addition to my green smoothies. These are my concoctions for today:

BREAKFAST
1 gala apple
handful of spinach
half a can of pears
two ice-cubes
about 1/2 cup of water
Taste: mostly like apples
Texture: medium to thick and foamy
Recommendations: add more water next time and some cinnamon

LUNCH
the other half can of pears
third of a large can of peaches
handful of spinach (more than this morning)
two ice cubes
about a cup of water
dash of cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
Taste: peachy-cinnamon flavor
Texture: medium foamy, medium thickness
Recommendations: buy some more fruit at the store this afternoon

DINNER
half a cucumber
spinach
triple mix berries (about 1/4 cup)
about 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup of cooked rice
2 ice cubes
Taste: not bad...berry/rice-y
Texture: thinner than earlier with something to actually chew (rice)
Recommendations: take out the cucumber seeds next time

I'm really looked forward to eating solid foods again. Wednesday can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...