Sunday, May 26, 2013

15 Reasons Today was Grrrreat!

I really needed today. Today was great! Let me tell you why:

  1. After struggling to fall asleep in my way-too-hot apartment last night, I woke up from a great dream.
  2. I was able to excuse myself for crying as I watched this video on Joseph Smith, by saying that I was crying because it's so sad about Joseph and Emma, when really I was crying because I miss Cody--but I had an excuse which made it feel better about crying.
  3. I got to sit by my sister and watch my nephew watch other people during Sacrament Meeting.
  4. I was able to hear a family friend, Sam Bateman, give his last talk before his mission; it was on faith.
  5. I was able to play with my nephew at the Bateman's home.
  6. I ate nachos for lunch (at the Bateman's home).
  7. I took a little nap before church.
  8. I got to play with my friend's 7 month old baby during the last 20 minutes of my ward's Sacrament Meeting.
  9. I was able to reflect on service during Relief Society.
  10. My dad was making fun of my mom on the phone and TOTALLY sounded just like her, which was hilarious!
  11. I got to do a "Google Hangout" with Cody and look at his totally handsome, cute face and have him make me laugh.
  12. I found out that some of our friends living in DC are willing to let us carpool with them to the Washington DC temple when we're there this summer.
  13. I was able to visit teach with and for two of my best friends in this ward for the last time this summer.
  14. I found out that one of those best friends will be going through the temple in June (probably) to receive her endowment and be sealed for time and all eternity to her husband and two little girls.
  15. I am so so so happy about that news.  Visiting teaching changes us and affects us and those we visit more than we know.  Not only have I made an amazing friend, she has affected my life as I've seen her testimony growing, but I have been able to affect her life.
The day Cody and I talked about getting married.

Same day. Great day!

On the day Cody and I were sealed for time and all eternity--married forever--in the Michigan Detroit Temple

Me, my sister, and Mom on the day of my Great-Grandma Caryol's funeral

I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I love how it changes us into better people. I love how all we have to bring is our belief and our desire and He will work with us and lead us on to be the people He needs us to be.  I love the temples of God and how, even though I'm only a child in my understanding, I am able to understand God's love, the Atonement, the Plan of Salvation, or myself better after attending the temple for any of the ordinances.  I am eternally grateful to be sealed to my husband for time and for all eternity, to know he is mine and I am his forever, and that my mom, my dad, my sister and her family, and my wonderful younger brothers, and all of Cody's family are my family forever.  There is no greater peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...