Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Mother's Day

The day started by me going to sleep last night at 12:10 since I tried going to sleep at ten, like I normally do, but I couldn't sleep so I got up at 10:30 and read till 12:10. I woke up at 8:10 this morning and wished I'd been able to sleep more but I couldn't.

I made myself an omelet (turkey bacon, onion, mushroom, red pepper, swiss cheese) since I knew that if Cody had been home, he would have made me breakfast.  I also made myself a strawberry-peach-rhubarb cobbler. I've already had two pieces and it is delicious!


Like every Sunday, I got to talk with my Mom (and sister and brothers, and sometimes, my Dad when he isn't in a meeting).  She's had a pretty awful week but I hope it gets better.  I love talking with my Mom. She's definitely one of my best friends.

At church today, I got to speak for a few minutes about any topic of my choice regarding women/motherhood. I decided to speak about what our purpose is on this Earth and how we've been given the abilities to achieve our purpose.  So what is our purpose? We learn in 2 Nephi 2:25 that "Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy."  I listened to President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk from October 2008, "Happiness, Your Heritage," and Sister Mary Ellen Smoot's talk from April 2000, "We are Creators."  I focused on how our purpose is to have joy and eternal happiness. One of the ways that we we find joy is by creating things.  Now, it isn't just creating a piece of art, or writing, or singing. Creation means, "bringing into existence something that did not create before," which could include children, order and organization, memories, laughter, comfort, peace, etc. In Sister Smoot's talk she quotes President David O. McKay as saying, "Sculptors of life are we, with our uncarved souls before us.  Everyone of us is carving a soul."  With our Savior's help, we are creating beautiful souls that are pure and chaste and God-like every day as we make choices that are in harmony with the principles of the Gospel.  Three questions to think about: What will I create of my life? My time? My future?

Now my day is going to end with talking with Cody and hopefully going to bed easily at 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...