Friday, May 3, 2013

The First Two Days

Yesterday morning I dropped Cody off at the airport for his flight to DC since his internship there starts next week.  Then after napping for fifty minutes, I went to school.  After some of the craziness that has existed earlier this week, yesterday was a very nice break.  My students painted, tutored kindergarteners, worked on revising their multigenre autobiographies, and participated in a fifth grade wax museum.  I began working on research again. Exercise also entered my life again.  After taking a break off to do the elimination diet, I decided I should start exercising again, especially since my back has begun feeling a lot better since going to the chiropractor (I still get headaches though).  I subjected myself to an intense ten minutes of an arm workout and five minutes of an ab workout.  Ugh! It was so hard! I work up sore this morning.

Today was a good day at school. I bought some things for school next year--still no name tags, after ten minutes of internal debate at the Utah-Idaho Supply store--and did a speed workout for about 25 minutes.  I got to talk with Cody and that was wonderful.  I love that we keep up some of our traditions on the phone. It makes it seem not as bad to have him on the other side of the country.

I just finished a really good book and started it's sequel.  The book I just finished is called, Hero's Song by Edith Pattou. The sequel that I began tonight is called Fire Arrow.  Apparently they're based in some Irish myths and legends.  I love that they're different than other fantasy books I've read.  However, when I discovered that they're of Irish origin it made me think that I have a thing for Irish legends and myths because this same time last year I got sucked into a series of books that were based off of Irish myths and history.  I guess that just means I need to visit Ireland one day.


Tomorrow my goal is to go for a four mile run (avoiding the traffic and busy-ness of the Utah City Marathon), clean, and work on some things for school next year. Oh yeah, I'm also planning on watching Little Traitor so that Cody and I can talk about it together, because he's going to watch it this weekend too.

2 comments:

  1. Commenting to say that I love Edith Pattou! When I was in the 7th grade, I made an email address called "firearrow." Have you ever read East?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read East first about a year ago. Loved it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...