Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 12: Church

Today was ward conference. It was really good! I took some notes about the power of visiting teaching and ministering to others. Poor doesn't just mean lack of money or even just poor in spirit or poor in attitude. It can also be applied to poor in health, love, intelligence, understanding. The stake president brought up the fact that equality does not mean that everyone gets the exact same thing. Equality means that everyone gets what he needs--which will be different from what his neighbor or brother may need. Visiting and home teaching are a type of consecration.

I went for a walk today before talking to my family. I took some pictures. It is so beautiful here! During my walk today I think I may have changed my topic for 445 and 490. Before I had been going to do the connection the French have to the land and their desire to preserve it. Now I think I may do the distinctions they make between public and private that are different from American culture...we'll see.

Talking with my family on the Internet was pretty funny because my mic wasn't working (well, it was but it would sound all fuzzy and loud and hurt everyone's ears) so we set up chat. They would talk, I would hear them and respond by typing. It's a good thing I can type pretty fast. :) It was really nice being able to see all their faces. Dad had Ben and Jacob stand next to Mom. Holy cow! They are so tall!! That's okay, they're still my little brothers. ;)

I set a goal with M. Erickson today for my 311 class (conversation). I need to work on the passe compose and imparfait so I need to tell stories about the past about things I did or what I did that day or such things. I need to be talking more. I had hoped we'd be able to go to FHE tomorrow night with the young adults from the ward, but we weren't able to talk to Nannick about having dinner on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday, rather than Monday through Wednesday. Hopefully next week, because I would really like to be able to do that.


(Neighborhood around Nannick's)

(On the other side of the pond from the RER station)

(I love the gates and doors here in France)

(The path I walk by everyday on my way to the RER station)
(one corner of Nannick's backyard)

3 comments:

  1. Do you know if anyone lives with M. et Mme. Boissy? They live just down the street from you (if you are staying with the lady that I think you are...we visited my friends that lived there all the time).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure...I'll ask the girls that live in the Vesinet about the names of their host families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are two girls that are living with the Boissy's right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...