Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fresh perspective on timing

I'll write later about my trip to Normandy (which was fabulous!). But I wanted to write this down before I forgot:

The Lord knows exactly what He is doing. He knows the right times. He knows our circumstances and what we need and what He needs for us and what we need to experience to become the people He knows we can become.

I was blessed with the opportunity of going to dinner with Grace at the home of the Paris Ward Bishop's home tonight, with him and his wife (their son was sleeping). They gave us an incredibly refreshing view on timing and experiencing life and taking advantage of the opportunities we are given and the seasons that we are in now rather than being anxious about a season that hasn't happened yet. It was so different from what I hear at BYU and from what many of my friends are experiencing right now and it was so in accordance with how I feel.

Figuring out who I am and starting the process of becoming that person is a worthy goal that shouldn't be derided or seen as inferior. There is so much potential that we all have and if we are given an opportunity to develop a part of it, why should we not take it?

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! The whole reason we came to earth is to learn, grow and have our own unique experiences. We only need to follow our own plan.

    Less statue pictures and more food pictures please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll work on taking less statue pictures and more food pictures...but it is a little tacky to take pictures of food all the time...And I can't take pictures when I eat with my host family, which is three times a week; that would be very gauche (meaning...very tacky). But I'll definitely see what I can do in the remaining three weeks, Mary.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...