Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 6: Flea Market and Sainte-Chapelle

I went with Ryan, Brittney, Grace, Judy and Katherine to the Flea Market today. It was way fun! I got a scarf for myself because it was actually pretty cold and rainy today--not what Grace and I were expecting, though we were smart enough to both wear jeans and dress in layers with sweaters and a jacket today (unlike last week when we were both freezing).


(Beth in her new scarf)

Then we went to the Sainte-Chapelle Cathedral in Paris to finish our other walk that we had started last Friday (btw, we have assigned walks as part of the study abroad program so that we have somewhat more of a focus as we go around the city). It was so beautiful! The windows took my breath away when I first saw them. It's amazing to think about when it was built--since the 1200s--and 2/3 of the windows are still intact!


(Beth by the big huge doors on the second floor of Sainte-Chapelle)


(A statue in Sainte-Chapelle)

(In Sainte-Chapelle)

(Beautiful windows!!)

(Another view of the windows)

I've also uploaded a picture of Grace and me so that you know what Grace looks like because I refer to her a lot. It's from Saturday night before we went to "le bal" aka the dance, in Versailles. Btw, those aren't real prescription glasses; she bought them because they're fun.

(Beth & Grace at the Metro before going to the dance)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...