Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 20: Opera Garnier

I just wanted to be able to post some of my pictures from my walk-through of the Opera Garnier. That building is so beautiful! Last Friday, Judy had been freaking out because we walked through Victor Hugo's house. I told Grace when we went into the Opera Garnier yesterday that the way Judy had felt about Victor Hugo's house was a little bit the way I felt about the Opera Garnier. I love Phantom of the Opera, the book, the music, the musical. And it is such a beautiful building!

We weren't able to go into the auditorium again (which was a huge bummer), but I'll just have to experience it by watching Phantom of the Opera when I get back to Provo. I loved the grand staircase. I got a couple pictures. Also the ballroom was so beautiful! Grace and I tried to get tickets to a ballet that is performing this week and next, but they were all sold out so maybe when I come back to Paris in the future I can go to something in the Garnier. :)

(Standing at the foot of the grand staircase)
(Main entrance into the Opera House)
(View from the top of the grand staircase)
(beautiful ballroom)
(looking up one side of the grand staircase)

p.s. If someone could comment again sometime, that'd be nice...

1 comment:

  1. Beth! Although I have not had the pleasure to read through all of your posts, I have seen your pictures! And it looks wonderful. I'm totally jealous. I can tell you are enjoying your stay! I can't wait to hear about it when you get home!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...