Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 15: A not-so-related-to-Paris post

My best friend in the whole world reported to the MTC today. It probably seems a little silly that I say I'm going to miss her because it isn't like I've been her roommate the past two years that she's been at BYU or that we've had classes together or been in the same ward. In essence, we haven't seen each other every day, we haven't talked every day, yet why do I say I'm going to miss her so much?

It's like I told Jamon, "I've loved our spontaneous phone calls or texts or when we meet up. She truly is one of those forever friends, a thought that helps me as I realize that I won't be able to call or text or meet up with her for the next 18 months. Also, we've already gone through the drill of writing each other for years on end, so we know we can do that. :)"

It's that ability to call her up or stop over at her apartment or send her a text that has been so wonderful these past three years that I've been at BYU. It's also a strange sensation for me to know that she's going to be a missionary because she and I have talked about it for so long. I kind of feel like Anne Shirley in Anne of Avonlea when Diana Barry is going to get married and Anne knows that it's good and that Diana will be happy but it's also strange because she and Diana had talked about finding their "true loves" since they were little...and then Diana found her's. Linds and I have talked about missions for a long time, and now she's going on a mission.

I truly am extremely excited for Lindsey. She and I are both on different adventures, growing up a little bit, and yet we both know that when she and I meet again after her mission, it'll be as though no time has passed between us. That's how it's always been. Even if Lindsey didn't write me once on her mission, I know that we would still be able to talk about everything and anything when we see each other again.

So that's my ode to Lindsey. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...